You want to start a business in California, but you don’t want all of your personal assets to be at stake if you get sued. Forming a California limited liability company, or LLC, will allow you to do business without
Limited liability companies, or LLCs, have become very popular because they combine the personal liability protection of a corporation with the tax benefits and simplicity of a partnership. In addition, they're more flexible and require less on-going paperwork than corporations. We can help you quickly and easily set up a new LLC, or convert an existing business into an LLC.
If there are few or no employees in the business, the LLC is generally preferred over the corporation. However, any business requiring a professional license, such as a real estate broker, medical doctor, or general contractor, may not be organized as an LLC under California law. These professions however, may utilize the corporation. In many cases, a subchapter S-corporation, which receives pass-through tax treatment, is preferred over a C-corporation.
LLC FORMATION INCLUDES:
• Attorney Consultation
• Preliminary Name Search and Reservation
• Preparation and Filing of Articles of Organization
• Custom Operating Agreement (Operating Agreement Required Under CA Law)
• Preparation and Filing of Statement of Information
• Acquisition of Federal Taxpayer ID Number (EIN)
• Drafting of Quitclaim or Grant Deed (To Transfer Your Property into the LLC)
• Executive LLC Binder
• Ownership Certificates
• Corporate (LLC) Seal